· Poster Board
· Glue Sticks
· Scissors to cut pictures; if working with small children you can tear the pictures instead of using scissors to cut them.
1. As a family set aside time to discuss and get clear about your goals/what you want.
· What is your vision for your family (spiritual, social, intellectual & emotional, physical)
· What do you want to happen and see accomplished?
· Now that your vision is clear flip through magazines and find pictures or words that inspire you and represent your vision and what you want to happen in
· Make a pile of images, phrases and words you may want to include.
· For example:
§ If you want to expose your children to new experiences you may want to find a picture that represents traveling to a place you’ve never been.
§ If your child knows what career they want to pursue, (e.g. if s/he wants to be an astronaut) find pictures representing that.
§ If you want to attend college, pictures of the campus of the college you want to attend.
§ If you and/or your children have a favorite sports, pictures of that
§ Pictures of what your children are naturally gifted and talented in
· Be creative and have fun with this process
3. Sort/Share & Agree
· Now that you have collected your pictures, share your pictures with each other. Sort through them and select those that really speak to you; those that
best represent your goals and what you really want to see happen in and for your family.
· Secure the family visions by gluing them to your poster board.
· Paste a picture of your family in the center of your vision board.
· Don’t have a family picture? No problem! Now’s a great time to take one! You could:
o Use your smartphone or other device to snap and quick picture
o Use the USB cable to upload to your computer and print it or upload it to your favorite photo kiosk (Walgreens, Wal-Mart, etc.) and print
· Display the board somewhere your entire family can see it.
· You may take a picture of it and carry it on your phone.
· Talk about it often, reminding each other of the importance of vision and going after what you’ve envisioned for your lives and your family as a whole.
· Take steps to making your family’s vision a reality.
· The Faith Chapel Bookstore as well as the Bridge are two places you can find great resources to help make your family’s vision a reality!