In Fall 2014, our Senior Pastor, Dr. Mike Moore, received a divine mandate to join and assist community partners to eradicate homelessness in the City of Birmingham.
After receiving this mandate, Faith Chapel began several strategic and economic initiatives that holistically address the current state of homelessness within the City of Birmingham.
Faith Chapel Care Center
Faith Chapel Care Center is a vibrant, multipurpose facility located in Downtown Birmingham (Alabama). The center serves as a hub for the local homeless community by providing weekly ministry and services to individuals currently experiencing homelessness.
Faith Chapel Care Center is located at: 921 2nd Avenue N. Birmingham, Alabama 35203
Pike Road House
The Pike Road House Project is a testament of God’s faithfulness to His Homeless mandate to Faith Chapel. In 2014 Faith Chapel acquired a property on Pike Road in Birmingham’s Ensley Neighborhood to serve as a temporary place of refuge for a deserving homeless family living within our community.
Want to Support the Faith Chapel Homeless Initiatives?
Click the button below to support the Faith Chapel Homeless Initiative and Faith Chapel Care Center through monetary donations. Select "Outreach" from the drop down menu ensures your donation will support Homeless and Community Outreach initiatives and projects.
Material Donations and Support
Those experiencing homelessness are always in need of personal care and food items. You can help by donating items from the list below. All donations can be dropped off at Campus A or The Bridge (during office hours – 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. M-F). Feel free to contact us at email@example.com to arrange donation drop off.
Individual Care Items Needed
- Women’s and Men’s underwear (new) – S-XXXL (boxers for men)
- Athletic shoes (gently used or new) – size 8-14
- Travel Size – hygiene items, toothpaste, travel size wipes from Dollar Tree), comb, brush, small lotion, small shampoo, shaving cream, small soaps, sports bras (S-XXXL)
- No mouthwash or dental floss please!
(Why travel size and not a larger size? Our clients carry everything with them when they are on the streets. So, having a large or even a regular sized bottle of lotion is not helpful for them.)
General Items Needed
- Tide washing detergent
- Dryer sheets
- Reading glasses (1.00-3.50)
- Bibles (large print)
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Box of individual Lay’s Potato chips
- Austin or Lance peanut (or variety pack) crackers
- Famous Amos cookies (individually wrapped)
- Individually wrapped Danishes
- Ground Coffee (non flavored)
- Individual sugar packets & individual creamer packets (no sugar substitutes please)