Join us for Water Baptism on Sunday, May 20, 2018
Water baptism is a very important step in your Christian life. It is a beautiful and holy gesture of your commitment to Christ. Registration for our Summer 2018 Water Baptism is open through May 6, 2018.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20 NIV)
Facts Concerning Water Baptism
1. Water Baptism is a command from the Lord Jesus Christ the head of the church
2. Jesus Himself was baptized (Matthew 3:16-17)
3. Water Baptism follows the New Birth (Salvation) but is not essential to salvation
4. Water Baptism is an outward physical sign of an inward spiritual grace
5. Water Baptism symbolizes and reminds the church of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ
6. Going into the water symbolizes death, under the water points to burial and raised out of the water symbolizes the resurrection of Jesus (Colossians 2:12)
"Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." (Romans 6:4)
Water baptism is a very important step in your Christian life. It is a beautiful and holy gesture of your commitment to Christ. If you would like to be baptized at Faith Chapel, you can register using the form below so that we can add you to the next scheduled baptism. We will mail the Baptismal handout and requirements to you as a Baptism registrant. The documents that you receive in the mail will explain more about Baptism and also provide items to bring, location, etc. If you should have any questions please contact the church at 205-785-9673.
SUMMER 2018 WATER BAPTISM REGISTRATION FORM