For more information about the positions at Faith Chapel, submit a resume with wage requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail P. O. Box 8325 Birmingham, AL 35218, or FAX it to 205-785-9995.
To apply to one of the positions listed below, you are encouraged to click on this link to review the job description and follow the application instructions.
Current Positions Available
Position Summary: Responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures in performing all duties related to the finances of Faith Chapel and related entities, having applicable knowledge of nonprofit accounting and compliance. Will perform monthly close, prepare accurate and timely financial statements and analytical financial reports on a regular/special request basis, maintain balance sheet accounts and support the annual audit and overall Finance Division of Faith Chapel.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and review budgets, recurring and non-recurring journal entries, invoices, and other accounting related documents.
· Prepare monthly profit/loss statements and closing reports.
· Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
· Maintain general ledger accounts and bank reconciliations.
· Prepare and pay monthly sales taxes.
· Record monthly credit card activity.
· Assist with coordinating the preparation and distribution of specific financial & statistical reporting, (i.e. period end, budget and board reports).
· Assist with the internal & external audit process by providing necessary financial information.
· Assist with other projects as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
· General knowledge of commonly used accounting concepts and practices
· Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
· Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports
· High Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Highly detailed oriented
· Experience with Intacct Accounting Preferred
Position Summary: The AVL Technician will develop and support lighting design and direction. This position will also have a vast knowledge of audio and visual equipment and stage design.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide a full range of AV technical duties, including but not be limited to, setup and operation of sound equipment, lighting, video and audio recording, LCD projection systems, equipment maintenance, as well as assisting in stage and campus setups, minor AV installations, repairs work and maintenance tasks
Generate the light plot, channel hookup and sketches for performances.
Create the lighting, atmosphere, and time of day for the production in response to the service needs, while keeping in mind issues of visibility.
Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
Attend pre-production meetings and / or rehearsals to take note of specific design lighting ideas and tasks that needs to be accomplished for services.
Responsible for the majority of the hands-on technical work – hanging instruments, focusing, programming the light board, etc.
Recruit, develop, and oversee a program for growing volunteers in their understanding of worship and their lighting design abilities.
Carry out other AV related duties when required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Proficient in lighting design and direction
Proficient with the utilization of today’s lighting consoles, especially the Hog 4.
Experience in technical event production
2 + years Lighting Director experience
2 + years AVL industry (or equivalent ministry) experience
Highly organized and self-motivated
Detail oriented, producing excellence in service execution
Proficient in programming a high fixture count/moving heads and utilizing advanced scene management
In-depth knowledge of large format lighting and display systems and related equipment
Excellent interpersonal skills in technical and non-technical settings
Working knowledge of all Theater, Audio/Visual hardware and terminology necessary to effectively perform duties as described.
Operate computer with Microsoft suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
This position requires working evenings, weekends and holidays
Must be able to walk about campus
Lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds