The brand-new Faith Chapel Care Center is truly a manifestation of God’s Faithfulness to Faith Chapel regarding assisting in the eradication of homelessness within the City of Birmingham. This vibrantly beautiful facility located in Downtown Birmingham (Alabama) serves as a hub for the local homeless community by providing weekly ministry, medical services, shower facilities for both genders, free laundry services, computer room, and referral services.
The Faith Chapel Care Center is open to Homeless Men and Women on Saturday's only from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information about and to volunteer at the Faith Chapel Care Center, contact us at email@example.com or call 205-785-9673 and ask for a Community Outreach representative.
Want to Support the Faith Chapel Homeless Initiatives?
Click the button below to support the Faith Chapel Homeless Initiative and Faith Chapel Care Center through monetary donations. Select "Outreach" from the drop down menu ensures your donation will support Homeless and Community Outreach initiatives and projects.
Material Donations and Support
Those experiencing homelessness are always in need of personal care and food items. You can help by donating items from the list below. All donations can be dropped off at Campus A or The Bridge (during office hours – 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. M-F). Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange donation drop off.
Individual Care Items Needed
- Women’s and Men’s underwear (new) – S-XXXL (boxers for men)
- Athletic shoes (gently used or new) – size 8-14
- Travel Size – hygiene items, toothpaste, travel size wipes from Dollar Tree), comb, brush, small lotion, small shampoo, shaving cream, small soaps, sports bras (S-XXXL)
- No mouthwash or dental floss please!
(Why travel size and not a larger size? Our clients carry everything with them when they are on the streets. So, having a large or even a regular sized bottle of lotion is not helpful for them.)
General Items Needed
- Tide washing detergent
- Dryer sheets
- Reading glasses (1.00-3.50)
- Bibles (large print)
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Box of individual Lay’s Potato chips
- Austin or Lance peanut (or variety pack) crackers
- Famous Amos cookies (individually wrapped)
- Individually wrapped Danishes
- Ground Coffee (non flavored)
- Individual sugar packets & individual creamer packets (no sugar substitutes please)